GIVING CODE: ACM1476
THE NEED: $30,000.00
About the project
Tonga is a small country in the South Pacific. In Tonga, the parents of the disabled children believe the disabilities are punishments from God for the parents' sin. But to God, the disabled children in Tonga are “Hidden treasures.” To serve the hidden treasures, the Church of the Nazarene started the Mango Tree Centre ministry.
By demonstrating the love of Jesus, the Mango Tree Centre for People with Disabilities serves the disabled children who are isolated by their community. The centre also serves their families who are suffering under the shame and the guilt. To serve them, we provide a holistic and family-centered rehabilitation services like, Home Visit Care, Rehabilitative therapy, Computer class, Braille course, Mobility aids, House Renovation, Annual camp and Sponsorship Programs for their families.
Your donation will help disabled children overcome their disabilities by giving them opportunities of education and treatment. It will also give the families of the disabled children financial support and help them feel secure and have hope in God.
1. Home visit care Diapers, $20 (per child, per month) Formula and specially designed nutritious food, $50 (per child, per month) Fuel cost, $200 (per month)
2. Rehabilitative therapy Therapeutic materials, $100 (per month)
3. Braille class Braille paper, $50 CD set for study, $50 USB recorder for study, $200 Perkins Brailler, $700
4. Computer class Mouse, $20 Keyboard, $40 Monitor, $200 Computer, $500 Internet installation, $800 (per house, per year) Teaching materials, $500 Class operation, $1,000 (per year)
5. Sponsorship Stationery, $50 (per child) Uniform, $50 (per child) Tuition fee, $200 (per child, per year)
6. Annual Family Camp Campsite rent, $200 Food materials, $1,000 Transportation, $500 Program operation, $1,000
7. Today Your day (for mothers and fathers) Special event for caregivers, $2,000
In the US:
Make checks payable to General Treasurer
and send them to:
Global Treasury Services
Church of the Nazarene
P.O. Box 843116
Kansas City, MO 64184-3116
In Canada: Make checks payable Church of the Nazarene Canada and send them to:
Church of the Nazarene Canada
3657 Ponytrail Drive
Mississauga, ON L4X 1W5
Be sure to put ACM1476 in the Memo area. Thanks for your donation.