GIVING CODE: ACM1860
THE NEED: $10,000.00
About the project
Caribbean churches are working to meet the holistic needs (spiritual, educational, physical, social, emotional) of children and their families in local communities. In the Caribbean, we see children as the present, not just the future. Through Child Development efforts, churches are helping kids dream and hope and grow into the people God created them to be.
In the Dominican Republic, for example, churches are reaching out to children living on the streets and to those living in poverty through more than 15 Child Development Centers. Children come for education, life skills, feeding, health care, and opportunities to connect with God. They leave each day having learned a little more to help them in school — and they leave knowing that God loves them and wants what’s best for them.
The centers are funded primarily through Child Sponsorship giving and local church contributions, but your additional gifts will help provide small grants to assist Caribbean churches with the initial start-up costs related to Child Development projects or centers. For example:
- A gift of $10 will provide a soccer ball to create outlets for positive play and physical activity for children through a sports ministry.
- A gift of $25 can provide a pack of art supplies (crayons, construction paper, markers, and more) will help kids at child development centers express themselves in beautiful ways.
- A gift of $50 can buy musical instruments that will give children an opportunity to learn to worship through music.
- A gift of $75 can help with the tutoring and life-skills education that takes place in child development centers and Nazarene schools in the Caribbean by buying 100 pencils, 50 washable markers, 5 packs of construction paper, 5 packs of notebook paper, and 20 notebooks.
- A gift of $75 can also purchase a sturdy table for a child development center where children can do home work/tutoring, Bible lessons, life skills lessons, and more.
- And a gift of $1,000 will provide a complete starter grant for a new center. (That, plus local contributions, will allow a center to be ready when the children show up.)
These are just a few of the many ways that Christ-centered Child Development is taking place, but we need your help to continue starting new centers to reach more children throughout the region.
In the US:
Make checks payable to General Treasurer
and send them to:
Global Treasury Services
Church of the Nazarene
P.O. Box 843116
Kansas City, MO 64184-3116
In Canada: Make checks payable Church of the Nazarene Canada and send them to:
Church of the Nazarene Canada
3657 Ponytrail Drive
Mississauga, ON L4X 1W5
Be sure to put ACM1860 in the Memo area. Thanks for your donation.